Monday, December 29, 2008

Charleston & stuff

Whoo, lots of stuff has happened since I posted last!  I'm kinda sorta moved into my new room where C & S used to live, and now that I got it painted something other than Krypton Green I can move more of my stuff in.  However, it will probably be more my stuff being moved in while I am away for New Year's at Charleston.  I'm got here yesterday with The Flower and her BF, and I'm visiting now while school is still out.  I'll be back in Gwood on the 2nd most likely.  I love Charleston, and I hate that I can't visit more frequently.  The city is a huge 3D puzzle of buildings, old and new --though mostly leaning towards the former-- and the archetecture is so stately, so grand that I don't know where to look.  The Flower and I were out walking for much of the early afternoon, and we walked across part of the campus.  The Spanish moss hanging from huge oaks, framing stately old buildings and gateways made me wish so badly that I had not left my camera in my room for the break.  On the drive down (until we got on the interstate) I kept seeing buildings or scenes that I wanted to photograph.  I believe that if I ever get the chance, I will take a scenic photo trip down to Charleston, possibly by way of Aiken.
Monkey and I visited a friend from school in Aiken the day before I left for Charleston (also the day Indigo arrived, thaough I missed his arrival).   We had a great time visiting with A and her cousin (who shares S's name).  We went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button at the Aiken theatre, a rather good movie, and quite long for movies nowadays.  
I have started to look up possibilities for summer internships, but it is doubtful I will get one this summer.
I can think of many things I have done or seen, and about which I would like to post, but my thoughts are not in a clear manner, and so I shall post them later if at all.
Bon nuit,
~Light

1 comment:

Java said...

So glad you are enjoying yourself. I have a friend there in Charlie's town who, btw, is a photographer.
I miss you, though I am glad you are doing your thing and living your life. Not much has been done with or to your room so far. Just fyi.

Word verification: sunnize ???