Friday, May 2, 2008

Monkey has threatened me with bodily harm if I continue to eat rice or Rice Crispie treats. She apparently has something against me disolving the lining of my digestive tract. I have slight gluten and rice sensitivities, and eating wheat, oats, and especially rice without a large portion of something else gives me heartburn.
I am a carb addict. This month I had a strong craving for Rice Crispie Treats, and got a box last time I visited Generic*Mart. Since then Monkey has harangued me every time I eat one (instances of which, I admit, I make sure she is aware).

Walking to class today, eating the last one from the box:
"Woah, it's making my tongue burn now!"...*munch*
"And you're still eating it?! I hope your esophagus melts!"


In other, slightly less harmful news, I will have 2 roommates next year. A friend of mine and Monkey's from the next floor up intended to get a single room next year, but so many upperclassmen went for them that even some Seniors didn't get ones. She also had an incredibly good lottery number (rooms are chosen by lottery), and Monkey and I are fairly certain we can live with her amicably. So we got a triple (in the dorm on the other end of campus from the art building, but on such a small campus it's still not very far). We went to see it and it looks really good; 2 rooms, 3 large closets, a ceiling fan (*insert Hallelujah Chorus*), and desks in that room come with hutches. Yay!

I'm currently (panicking about schoolwork) packing up some stuff for Mum to take back to the house when she comes either this weekend or the next. Both Monkey and I have a lot of stuff, and I especially have accrued a lot over the year by way of books especially (culled the clothes, though!). Don't really know where I am going to keep my stuff this summer since my room's become a storage room in part, but that will be worked out later.

Now to attack the mound of packing in front of me (and whimper at the mountain of assignments behind me).
~Brilliant...or something

2 comments:

Java said...

Damn, girl, now you got me jonesin' for some Rice Krispy treats!!

Too tired to come see you today. Nap instead. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe. Tired now.

Brilliant or Something said...

(Oh, I knew I was spelling it incorrectly...)