Friday, September 12, 2008

Yes, I am still here, and I definitely have things to post about.

For one, I'm going to Anime Weekend Atlanta in one week!!! I enjoyed it a lot last year and have some money saved from summer work and savings bonds, so one week from now I'll be in Atlanta. I'm going with a bunch of other friends from school, including Monkey, and The Flower and her boyfriend will travel from the coast to go too, so I'll see them again.
A friend suggested that I cosplay the title character from an old anime, Revolutionary Girl Utena. The character has bright pink hair, brighter than I can get with straight-up dyeing my hair, so I'm going blond this weekend then I'll give the hair a few days and dye it pink. After AWA it's going to black or another dark color. I really don't want pink OR blond hair for any length of time. I've tried blond in wig form and I looked WEIRD. A few dye jobs, some short shorts, and a touch of tailoring on a secondhand blazer, and I'm ready to go!

In school news, I'm really enjoying my studio classes, though in the future I'll remember not to schedule any studio class right before another class! (I frequently end up going to Art History late and smelling of photo chemicals). So far I've taken a bunch of pictures, battled rather frequently with reels in the loading room; drawn hands, feet, heads, and some bodies without the skin on them; pinched pots and a teapot, and am now trying to make a large pitcher 'out of at least 2 basic (round) forms'... it's fun.
Mum came up yesterday for a visit; I was so glad to see her. We didn't spend as much time together as other times, because I had class but I'm very glad I got to spend what time I did with her.
The heat here is starting to get to me. It started to cool down, but now it's right back up in the hot and humid range. I want fall.

More later,
Brill

1 comment:

Java said...

I just put up a post about my visit with you. Fun. I would like to have spent some time in deep conversation with you, but that wasn't for Thursday. We accomplished other things. I was most glad to see your artwork, I must say.

Much love my dear!