Friday, September 26, 2008

Oops

The Honors Program held its annual retreat this afternoon, and since I am in the program and didn't have any pressing homework (that I could do...more on that later), I went. It's just an afternoon affair; we went to the Milliken facilities, brainstormed for a slogan and logo, and then ate lunch and played Cranium until it was time to leave. When we got back it was still raining as it had been all day, and I decided to stay down in the art building (incidentally, also named Milliken) and work or my extra credit Ceramics piece.
I planned to stay a few hours there, and since I'd told Monkey I'd be back shortly after dinnertime and before a campus event at 8, I gave her a 'ditch call.' The ditch call originated last year when it was fairly late at night and one or the other of us had NO IDEA where our other half was, so idea-less called the other and asked whether or not she was in a ditch. I'm usually the one on the receiving end, so I figured I'd cut out getting clay on the phone later to answer it. Anyway, I told Monkey I'd be back around 9. Yeah, right. The next time I even looked at the clock was a quarter of 10, and I didn't leave until ten 'til midnight.
I got sarcasm-ed at when I got back.

On a lighter note, I love my pot! I'm doing a cabbage-themed teapot for extra credit and I think I've put more labor-intensive work into this pot than the assigned ones. The leaf-edges are so thin that I have to routinely coat them with slip to keep them from drying out too fast for the rest of the pot.

My hair has faded considerably from the hot pink of 2 weeks ago. It's current combination of colors and shades has been compared to tie-dye (me) and shrimp (a photo classmate). Maybe it's a tie-dyed shrimp....

I need 4 more rolls of motion photography, and it has been too wet to shoot at all today. I totally misplaced the roll of film that I shot during the field trip a week ago, and that rankles me greatly.

More whenever I feel like it,
~Brill

1 comment:

Java said...

I like the idea (and the name) of the ditch call.

I want to see the hair. I'm morbidly curious.