Sunday, November 22, 2009

As promised...

...pictures from ATL Pride, in no particular order:
(I have 105 pictures, so this is simply a smattering.)



These guys and gals were marching with sings for "Save the Ta-Tas," "Domestic Partnerships/Benefits," "Gays in the Military," "Youth Pride," "Unity," and "Love." One of the signs has Trans-something on it, but I can't read my pic, and my memory fails.

(Sorry, I do not know how to do the wonderful "click to embiggen" that Java does so well.)




Fabulous rainbow peacock people. I did get a front shot, but this has the better view of the spectrum. (I am peeved that indigo is no longer in the rainbow. First no Pluto, now they're taking my colors away. grrrr)











...IDK. Seriously. But it was an interesting sight nonetheless.













More people with signs! Honestly, this section was one of my favorites.













These guys were with the same group as above.












Here's one of the better drag queens that was in the parade. There were 2 or 3 others with him, but this is the best shot.












Many, many drag queens, as well as some of whose gender of origin I was not certain. This made me happy.













The bar/club the Atlanta Eagle got raided less than a month before the parade. The manner of the officers towards the patrons was absolutely horrid, and their float focused on that.













Awesome rainbow skating super-dude! He was going back and forth from end to end of the parade the whole time.












I just realized this one is crooked. And I have no idea how to fix it on here. Oh, well, take a gander at (a sideways) St. Mark's United Methodist. Woot! The insie was decked out in rainbows as well, but my camera died before I could get a shot.









There are more, but "les devoirs et le deuxieme examen francais disent a moi, 'ETUDIE!'" ('my homework and the secon french exam say to me, 'STUDY!'" Review while blogging, probably not the best way, but useful!) It makes me sad that I can't get the accents on here with the same key combos as in Word.

Enjoy the pride-tastic pics.
Laters,
~Brill

3 comments:

Cameron said...

"Here's one of the better drag queens that was in the parade. There were 2 or 3 others with him, but this is the best shot."

Thats "with HER"...not him.
Drag queens enfemme are always refered to as her...dragkings as him. No kings in the parade???

Brilliant or Something said...

Oops! my bad, sorry. Got it right when I was talking about it... blame it on no sleep.
No, there weren't any kings. I was rather disappointed to not see any.

Java said...

Cool pix! I kinda wish I'd been there for the parade. I love the skirt that queen is wearing. I want one like it, though I have no idea where I'd wear it.