Thursday, December 3, 2009

why, blood, why?

I am starting to get rather freaked out. In the past 3 days (t/w/th), I have had 4 nosebleeds of not insignificant time/amount. The last one was tonight after the Christmas service on campus. I blew my nose -lightly!- and suddenly teh bluddz attaked. It took 15 minutes for the bleeding to stop enough for me to even try pinching it. I am going to the campus clinic tomorrow during lunch (and have been told by Monkey that if I don't go, she'll "bash you over the head and take you myself, Mmhm-mhmm.") I tried a number of methods earlier in the days to get them to stop, but apparently to no avail. I hope it's not serious. I had a cold at the beginning of the week, and I know it's partially connected thereto, but this didn't happen last time I got sick!
We'll see tomorrow.

On a lighter and less bio-hazardous note, the annual Holiday Art Sale is tomorrow (Fri), and I have 35 pieces up for sale in it. I've also finally joined the Art Club, and am helping out with the sale for most of the afternoon. Already one piece has been put on reserve for purchase tomorrow, and another girl was very interested in another when we were unloading work earlier. I hope I sell a lot of stuff, and that I can get feedback on my work from buyers, not just teachers and fellow Ceramics students.

Finals next week. I am SO not ready! GAH!
Sleep now, and another layer on my reduction linoleum cut tomorrow morning. My Women Studies and French professor has been very kind and is showing a movie all this week instead of work. I have a paper to do for the former and a brief oral interview/evaluation for the latter next week, but otherwise I get to zone and watch the movies. We're watching "La Vie En Rose" in french, and "Iron Jawed Angels" in WST. Both fabulous.

'Night, au revoir, auf weidersehen, et cetera, et cetera.
~Brill

3 comments:

Cameron said...

I will happily help Monkey drag you if you don't shag your ass over there immediately, if not sooner!!! Txt me and let me know what they say - hope to see you at the movie. Prayers and love!

Java said...

Two questions: what's the verdict on your bloody nose? and How did the art sale go? I am particularly interested in the answer to the first question.

Brilliant or Something said...

Nurse says bloody nose is probably weather-related, and gave me some Sudafed and told me to get saline spray for my nose. I haven't been to the store since I got back, and don't know when I'll be able to go, but the sudafed seems to be working some. No bloodz yesterday or today thus far.

The art sale went especially well. I sole a bunch of stuff, though mostly the lower-priced items. After the 30% commission that the Art Club takes out, I will make $133 and change, if I did my math correctly. I am very happy.