Wednesday, February 20, 2008

From chicken houses and gestational periods spawn...

Okay, I think I can stop laughing long enough to type now. Monkey and I were talking about a number of things (see the title of the post), and somehow got off on the topic of the mishmash menagerie that comprises my home kitchen. On this topic I observed that our hodgepodge even included a brain-shaped jello mold, which my dearest Mum has on a number of occasions used for Hallowe'en parties. Monkey (a pre-med biology major, mind you, who delights in what some would term the grotesque) inquired if there was actually gray jello, though, as the correct color and opacity are crucial to correct representation. I assured her that there was a method of producing such a color (quite a tasty one, too), though I did not know the method. Then the following conversation ensued:
Monkey: "But is there a way to make the white matter around it?"
Brill: "I don't know. I suppose."
M: "Because you'd need it for anatomical accuracy."
B: "True. Hey, if you made some white jello, chilled it almost completely, stirred it up, put it in a spray bottle, and thinly coated the inside of the mold, chilled it, then poured in the gray jello and let it set...."
M: "That might work....Did we really just have a conversation about that?"
B: "Yes."
M: "My Geekdom is solidified."

I love my roommate; she's awesome. Together we represent the Left & Right brains, according to a friend.


More laters, when I'm less lazy. Even though 2 of my classes in the next 2 days are canceled, I still have about 4 papers to either do or start. Fun.
Luvs,
~Brill

3 comments:

Java said...

I hope I still have the recipe for gray jello. I bet it's online somewhere. The idea of making a white outer layer is intriquing.

Brilliant or Something said...

We should SO try that for the next Hallowe'en party!

Unknown said...

Can't Stop Laughing! Then again, it is like six-thirty, AM! With no SLEEP! Augh! can't stoooppp bloogggingg!

Hehe, my varification text is (pdelvic).

--S