Friday, February 29, 2008

Gone and Done It

No, I am not making rather horrendous musical allusions again. At least not on purpose.

Gone refers to the hair. On my visit home last weekend I went by Great Clips and asked if they were partnered with Locks of Love. They are, and since I had enough hair to donate (and the intention of doing so) I got a free cut. Friends and I had previously worried that my hair might not be long enough to donate.
We needn't have worried.
12 inches and a trim later, the longest hair on my head reaches around 2.5". Mwahahahaha!

The 'it' following 'done' addresses my having finally bitten the bullet and done a few things: a) planned out a fairly comprehensive schedule for the next 3 years here, assuming I do the maximum number of things I want to, major/minor/GEP-wise; then I, b) took it to my adviser, got advice, and declared my major. I am now a Bachelor of Fine Arts major in Studio art (tentative concentration ceramics and photography) with an English minor. On top of that, I was elected the VP for next year for the FLAG group on campus (Friends of Lesbians and Gays).
Major hours: 73
Minor hours: 18
GEP hours: IDK, but there are way too many, IMHO. I hope they get reduced for the BFA students, so I'm not taking the less desirable ones any time soon.
I just hope I can keep up!


Talking with Monkey the last few days has left me nostalgic for both chickens and a garden. While zoning prohibits the former, our yard is more than large (and mostly unused) enough for the latter, providing my nostalgia can solidify and sustain until Spring Break at the end of next month. While getting a garden started requires more (productive) momentum than that of which most of the household is generally capable, I think that Mum, Da, or Buster especially could help maintain one if it was already started, and the Dibbonic Duo could definitely use a positive outlet for energy.
If Mum or I remembers to call the other later, I'll discuss it and, hopefully, get a garden started in late March. (Yes, Mum, as well as look for a summer job.)

I WANT FRESH, REAL TOMATOES!!!!!

3 comments:

Java said...

Hey, congrats on the VP of FLAG. (P.S. there are way too many acronyms in this post)
"GEP hours: IDK, but there are way too many, IMHO. I hope they get reduced for the BFA students"

What is GEP? I've got the others.

Unknown said...

Cue Maniacal Laughter so you know who this is.

Im Back! and all the little queerlings best watch out cuz I got no life, but I do have access to a computer.

Oh, by the way I do love the hair, its so like, Brittany Spears, but without the drugs.

Say hi to monkey for me, and give her a big kiss straight(ok queer) from me.

Brilliant or Something said...

Mum: For some reason, that's the only one I didn't consider explaining....I've been on a college campus too long.
GEP= General Education Program i.e. core classes.
And I did explain BFA!

Could you email me some of those many pics you took? I want to see them, & I want some stuff to post.

My dearest EE: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Brittany Spears comparisons will only get you unmarked, ticking packages. :P You know, the Klepto Dibbun hasn't seen it yet!