Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Not the head!

--Monkey has her block.
For about as long as we've been roommates, she's had a campaign to stop my use of profanity (we tend to pick up each other's words, so the campaign is fully justified...just really hard for me to do). Whenever I cuss, she mimes an overhand, double-handed throwing motion and screams, "Throws BLOCK at your head!" (or some variation thereof). We visited a friend's room the other day, and she gave Monkey a stuffed, one foot square cube. Which Monkey promptly launched at my head.
It now resides at the foot of her bed, glowering at me in cyan and cerulean menace.

--On a lighter note, Mum's back! *and there was much rejoicing* She mentioned something about possibly coming up to visit this weekend, so we shall (hopefully) see her. My winter term break ended right before she got back, sadly.


--I FOUND THEM!!!!! After searching 4 stores, 3 sections of the last one, and asking 2 different people for help, I finally, finally found those wire modular storage things. They are 14.5" square wire grids you connect at the corners by means of round plastic joiners with notches in them. They are truly handy little things, and I got 2 boxes of them, even though with the current room set-up only one fits (I really need to finish unpacking from Christmas break...).

A bientot,
~Brilliance & Light

2 comments:

Java said...

I love that block idea! Good for Monkey.
Yes, the plan is for me to come see you this weekend. If I feel better. I woke up this morning with ice picks jamming into my ears, and now I have a headache, sore throat, pain in the sinus area under my eyes, and my lungs are trying to get tight now, too. I called in sick. I only just got home. I haven't worked in 2 weeks! I was looking forward to getting back to my kids.
I have an appt with the doc first thing in the morning.

Brilliant or Something said...

But...I learned the pretty words... I don't want to give them up now. (Monkey was listening to my ARM. It's her bedtime now.)
Get better; I really want to see you!