Friday, March 21, 2008

Humph!

My college held a Girls' Day today on campus for a bunch (and I do mean BUNCH) of girls from around the community, about ages 5-11 or so. It was mostly in the central quad surrounded by the dorms, dining hall, and fine arts buildings. They had field games, relays, tag, etc., but one game in particular caught my eye as I walked through the two main groups. The leaders had a bunch of 5-8 year olds (I'd guess) playing a variation of tag; each girl had a brightly colored handkerchief/'flag' stuck in the back of her pants, and was running around trying to grab/pull the other girls' tails/flags/handkerchiefs out of their pants. Seeing that I thought, "We're teaching little girls to chase after and grab other little girls' asses. Damn, why did I never get to play this game!?"

3 comments:

Java said...

What a disadvantaged childhood you had, poor dear girl. Do you think that at this late date you will be able to learn how to chase girls' asses?

Java said...

Happy Easter, my darling dear.

Brilliant or Something said...

Weeeeeell, I should be able to find some practice time, even if only for a game's sake. :P

Happy Easter to you, too. Eat a chocolate rabbit's ears for me, please!