Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Duh(-ll)

Apparently, I'm not imaginative enough. One of my friends overheard me referring(sp?) to my computer Lappy today, and began to sputter in indignation at the dearth of creative thinking backing the sobriquet. A short *discussion* later, my laptop is now Hogarth.

(On a side note, I loathe gerunds. They mess spelling up so very frequently.)

Only three short (and yet interminably long) days until Spring Break and relative freedom from scholastic endeavors of a strictly structured variety! Of course, I first have to survive
Shakespeare, Great Depression, and Western Civ midterm exams. I think I'll just go hide under the covers now, and try to get the 7-8 hours-per-night I'm supposed to. HA!

More as it develops and I grow bored,
~Brill

2 comments:

Java said...

Well, I haven't mentioned it at all because I'm your mother and didn't want to sound critical, but since the subject came up- I've ALWAYS thought that "Lappy" was a bad name for your 'puter. I much prefer Hogarth. Especially as creative as you are, why in the world would you name your computer something so mundane? I applaud your friend for speaking up. Huzzah! Huzzah!

Brilliant or Something said...

Well, the stuffed animals that I somehow seem to accumulate get named after Greek philosophers.
I'll tell her you approve of her intervention.