Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yes; I do, in fact, exist

I know, I know, it's been forever, but it's been one hell of a BUSY forever.

FLAG, in cooperation with the Theatre club, are putting on a Lip Sync show on the 22nd, and as I am now (at least in name) VP I am very invested in this production. And a very last-minute production it's turning out to be. Urg, if this gets done again next year, a) we will advertise earlier than TWO WEEKS before the show, b) we will start planning a hell of a lot earlier than about a month before, and c) we will not hold it in the last bleeding month of school! [/rant]

On a happier note, I went to Le Batard's college this evening to see their theatre's production of Much Ado About Nothing. It was marvelous, hilarious, and as far as I remember from reading it early on in the semester in Shakespeare class, quite true to the text (with the exception of a slight dash of modern music and some men with twirlers...but they definitely added to it, IMHO).

I've picked out my classes for next semester (Fall '08) and will register on the 30th. I really, really, REALLY hope I can get into all of my art classes, especially the art history class. (It will cover a major requirement AND a separate Gen Ed requirement because it's a 'Non-Anglophone, Non-Western European' course. They have some SERIOUSLY odd Gen Ed requ.'s). Monkey and I get our numbers for the 'room lottery' this Monday. Honestly, I've had the system for room choice explained to me a few times, a few different ways, and it still doesn't make complete sense. I know enough to know that, as rising sophomores, we're screwed as far as getting our desired dorm. Or second choice. Or possibly third choice.

My philosophy for school work is "Don' worra boudit." This mainly pertains to my never-sufficiently-damned Econ and the Great Depression class, and somewhat to Shakespeare. Both have relatively intense papers due in, oh, 2 weeks I think. I only have one of the due dates burned so thoroughly into my corneas that it haunts my dreams while I try to sleep. Oh, and the final project for health class: "Create your own fitness program. Creatively." i.e. like a magazine, apparently.
Ignore the dull, repetitive thud-thump, it's only the sound of my brain bouncing against my skull as it pounds the wall of insomnia.
On a very slightly related note: While attempting to keep up with the economics prof in the foremost of the above listed classes, I found an exception to the grammar rule: 'i' before 'e' except after 'c,' or when sounding as 'ay' as in 'neighbor' or 'weigh.' The word: Efficiency. (although I suppose 'efficient' also fits the mould). This is what I remember most from practically all of 80 minutes of class. If it didn't also include history, I'd be screwed.

Monkey is hungry. Not an astounding, thought provoking statement, I know, but apparently the only sustenance sufficient for her is my thigh muscle. At least that's what she tells me. I make sarcastic references to 1800s Oregon Trail history and try not to fall asleep before she does.

It's 12:40 A.M. I need sleeeeeeeeeeep, especially if I am to attend church tomorrow. I truly, adamantly wish that the Unitarian Universalist Church was closer (were closer?) to the school so that I could walk there instead of to the nearby PC-USA. Even if they do feed us at the later. I want actual emotion in a service! If I wanted pseudo-wakefulness, I'd've stayed in bed and listened to the Prairie Home Companion on NPR. Even the old hymns they sing are not particularly good.
*le sigh*

Bon Nuit,
~Brill, who just realized her tag list is insanely long

(currently listening to the medley of Panic! at the Disco, Art Garfunkle, and C.W. McCall stuck in my head. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants the slow, colorful, winding path to insanity)

2 comments:

Java said...

If that slow, colorful, winding path to insanity is familiar. I blazed it myself.

Good to see a new post. Good to hear what you are up to. I've not seen Much Ado. Grandpa Tom (who sends best wishes, btw) says it is a hoot. Or words to that effect.

Brilliant or Something said...

I highly recommend it, either in written or live form. The verbal sparring between Benedick and Beatrice is absolutely wonderful.
Lots of love to everyone in the Floridian realm.