Monday, January 28, 2008

Monkey is HIGHLY entertaining. She's sitting beside me, attempting to "blind teh eyesh" with a makeup-less compact. It would work if a) the lighting in the room was worth crap, and b) she could get the angle right.

Aside from that monkey business, I have a few observations :

"If I can't tell what it is when it's on my fork, it shouldn't go in my mouth." (courtesy of the Monkey)
Both Saturday and tonight, the cafeteria served something. That, and the observation that it was probably originally an animal were all the we're certain of. In both cases, actually, none of the people at the table were able to determine whether it was chicken or pork. (Monkey after a visual study, me after eating the damned stuff!)

I have an astounding capacity for mess when it comes to art class. When we're working on charcoal, I've come in with the stuff smeared, streaked, or smudged pretty much anywhere from elbows down and shoulders up. I doubt I've ever washed my jeans with such frequency, either. Today we did wash drawings (NOT, by the way, my favorite technique thus far), which use ink. Black India Ink. SOMEHOW between 8:30 and 11:30 I got it in both cheeks, nose, and neck.
I blame art gremlins.

Finals are Wednesday, sketches, portfolios, and exhibition reviews due then. Urg.

1 comment:

Java said...

Art gremlins. I like that.
Hi sweet baby girl. I miss you. Are you going home after finals? By now that has passed. When does Spring term begin? Send me an email. I am checking email every couple of days. Hope the final exam went well. I'll talk to you when I get back to Florida.