Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Moneh moneh MONEH

I got my very first genuine, authentic PAYCHECK today! As in, one for which I had to fill out a form a few months ago using Egyptian hieroglyphics and numbers that had absolutely no connection with their end use.
Anyway, it's not a ginormous amount of money, but it's more than I usually have in 2 months, so I get to do actual Christmas shopping as well as purchasing class supplies!
(Side note: I can't spell hieroglyphics right the first time, but the computer says 'ginormous' is an actual word. Go fig.)
Only a week and a half more of work and school, then Thanksgiving break, woohoo!

We did a pit firing today in Ceramics with our red raku pieces, and Mr. Sir said that the next pit firing (with the pieces that weren't ready today) we get to do ourselves. Wheeee! It was so much fun! Our 'pit' was a metal trashcan, and we used leaves from the parking lot and his house, shredded paper, and burnt down ...something from the last firing as fuel. My piece was in this go 'round, so I'll see Friday how that went. The glaze kiln also gets emptied tomorrow, so I get to see my ceramic babies on Friday. The problem is that we have to keep them in our rooms until December to free up space and prevent theft or breakage. Urg, to all who've seen my parts of the rooms. I need to clear off my desk in my free time tomorrow.

I'm rambling, and it's 1:30 A.M. Good night and sleep well.
Maybe next time I'm on here I'll talk about The Mumbler's most recent (evil) assignment in Drawing 2.

~Brilliance and Light

2 comments:

Java said...

How terribly exciting!!

Self said...

The mumbler...interesting name for him roomie.