Thursday, November 22, 2007

I SO did not want to deal with this right now.

They say that God never gives you more than you can handle, but sometimes I think He might overestimate me.
As I said in my last post, I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday morning. I am now on Oxycodone and Ibuprofen, in preeeeetty dosages. ( However, my reactions to the former do not amuse nearly as much as those of the Over-Engineered. He is a HOOT on the stuff. ) I have only regained complete sensation in my lower lip as of this morning. The right side kept ripping some and going *bleed, bleeeeeed.* Bloody annoying, that. Ah, but I digress.

Yesterday late morning (about 11a-12p) I checked the website where my friend who had the car wreck (who, for reasons totally and utterly unassociated to his current condition shall hereby be dubbed Le Batard...it's a looong story). Batard's condition had worsened, and he had twice almost passed on. Cue the hyperventilation. Thankfully the Flower was there as well, so I had a point of stability. We took the news to Mum and proposed a venture up to College Town to see him. She offered to drive that night if I was up to it. I was and we got there just as the last visiting hours ended, though we did get to see him. He so did not look well. He's now on a tilting bed to decrease the buildup of fluid in his lungs. Flower and I left notes in Batard's little visitor book, then we three girls went out for donut dinner. It was that kind of night.

All in all, for someone who had two hoiles carved in the back of her mouth 27 hours ago, I am doing extremely well compared to the males I know who had their W. teeth removed. I am not moaning on the couch for a week, for one. I also just now read an update on Batard's condition, and his lungs responded well to the new bed. This contributes greaty to my mental health and thankfullness. I'm really worried about him, and I am extremely thankful for any good news.

More later, if I can. On a side note, I currently weigh less than I ever remember weighing due to most of my diet for the past two days consisting of water and tea. Right now I have to go help set up for Thanksgiving Dinner. 8 people in a 5-or-so person house means we have to get creative about seating arrangements at times.

Laters,
~Brilliance and Light

No comments: