Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What is this sleep of which you speak?

I'm not sure myself anymore. Urg. I go 'under the knife' for wisdom tooth extraction in less than a day, no new news on my friend in the hospital, and one of my oldest friends from home whom I have known for most of my life called me last night from work with more bad news. Her friend (FOAF) who had been living with my friend's family to attend the local tech college had been summoned home by her perents earlier this year due to health concerns of FOAF (long hist. of health probs). She had intended to come back at the Jan. semester to live with Friend again. Friend called last night to inform me that FOAF had suffered severe kidney problems and was in Critical care at the hospital in her parent's town. She starts chemo today.
See point one of Brilliant's version of Buddhism.

I need to call friend back and get more details. She called me from work and the call was understandably short.

One the good side, I GO HOME TODAY! I want so much to sleep in my own bed, even if I don't really have a room of my 'own' in the house anymore. I haven't slept well in 2-3 nights, and I can't take a sleep aid that the Dr doesn't have me listed as having. Bugger. Am considering undertaking major belonging overhaul over Xmas break.

Crap, gotta go irritate the laundry. ^^ Need the laundry to be CLEAN before I pack it.
Later,
~Brilliant

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Life can and will very often strike like a snake when you least expect it. Sometimes the best coarse of action is to" kill the snake and "treat the wound"; Sadartha himself said this, minus the killing of the snake. In my opinion the most noble a person can do beyond sacrifice, is to take life with a slow pace, live, love, and help others. Don't let suffering be the only thing in your life that you think about, for that shall do nothing but increase that suffering and make it stronger. Hope, is all you have sometimes let that be strong, and you will follow suite. As for the troubles in your life, consider this. Read Markus Arilious, for each individual thing, what is it with in it self, what is its nature. What is the most powerful force behind my suffering. The Fear to loose friends, the fear and stress about my work that must be done, fear. Let the light within you shine bright, and you will see that there is always something good in the darkness.

Love your dear friend,
--Mr. Emerald Eyes

P.S. I shall hope for you.

Java said...

I don't understand why you can't take the sleep aid. What about the doctor doesn't have you listed as having? Which doctor? Does it have anything to do with the tooth-extraction doctor?

Welcome home, baby girl!