Wednesday, November 28, 2007

GaAaaaaaAAhhaaAYHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!

Or...something like that. The title exemplifies the current theme song of my brain. My delinquency in posting is not because of laziness or not caring, but because school has only 1.5 more weeks left, and teachers go *run students ragged!!!*

I got 4 hours of sleep Sunday night. I had 3 pp worth (first draft) of a paper comparing the visions and 'approaches to various authorities' of two Medieval Christian mystics for a Western & Eastern Civ(equivalent) class. (Freshmen requirement this year. Whoop. De. Doo. Interesting, engaging, but exhausting). Also, I had over half of a pattern project left to do for 2D design (very, very thankfully not due the next day, but I still had to have it mostly completed). I finished the 3rd quarter or the design proj. around 12am Monday. I began the paper at 12:30. I went to bed at 2, not even all the rough draft done. 6am I woke up and started typing, and was practically done by the time I had to leave for my 8:30 class. Worked on project during class break, and finished the draft over lunch (I rarely eat in the dining hall on MWF before dinner...I am a bad girl, but that's what they made PB and Butter Bread for).

That was Sunday P.M. and Monday. Tuesday (and as soon as classes finished Monday) was Sleep, Blessed Sleep. I am still working off a fairly massive sleep debt, compounded by:
Staying up until 3:45 A.M. in order to complete aforementioned pattern project.
Tomorrow is Thursday. I will Sleep. Maybe. Of course, I still have an entire book I have to read and compare to the ancient yoga Sutras & classic texts, et al. Friggin' Honors course is gonna drive me bonkers.

A happy note: Thanksgiving break enabled me to compile all of my music from my home computer login onto 4 CDs for transfer to my laptop, so now I have Panic! at the Disco, Carly Simon, Simon & Garfunkel, Superchic[k], and a bunch of other artists... in an extremely odd order, song-wise. Since I burned the CDs in the order in which I duped them onto the burnlist, one CD has the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack sandwiched between Carly Simon, Avalon, and Canyon. I barely remember how I got some of those songs in the first place. (There was NO OTHER WAY to transfer the music to my comp than the CDs...jumpdrives, MP3 players, etc. all required me to open My Computer at some point. Our home comp is a P.O.C. that froze so badly it required a hard reboot [i.e. I had to shut off the power strip for a minute or two...Ctrl/Alt/Del and End Program did nothing...buggering useless oversized calculator].)
But I have usic now, and also tons of stuff from Mum's collection. I *heart* Kingston Trio.

OK, I am going spastic. Au Revoir.
~Brilliance & Light

(P.S. The holes from wisdom teeth freak me out. I thought I had rinsed them out thoroughly, then last night I was rinsing with the syringe (that looks weird) and a little piece of broccoli came out. I haven't had broccoli since Saturday! Gah! Must. Go. Rinse. Holes-In-Head....)

1 comment:

Java said...

Re: broccoli in the holes in your head...
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to know you are getting along, if not fine, then just getting along. I trust you. You'll figure out how to schedule yourself with these projects.
And I look forward to seeing you for Christmas.
Loves-
Mother Dearest