Monday, December 3, 2007

A Christmas Quiz, edited slightly for blog format

Welcome to the Christmas edition of Getting to Know Your Friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, (Insert a bunch of email-related stuff that in no way interests me, especially on a blog. Re-posting this simply allows me to wax and rant.)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Typically bags (I am lazy), but I used a lot of paper this year, as all my bags are 70 miles away and my unwrapped presents are here.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer either a real tree or a 'homemade' tree. That last will require its own separate post. With pictures.

3. When do you put up the tree? It varies. The earliest was about a week and a half before the big day, but last time we had a real tree it was a last minute buy from the lot (surprisingly still well-populated...but then my family tends to buy the trees with...character.)

4. When do you take the tree down? Before it turns completely brown. I am not an anomaly in my laziness. We tend to follow the traditionally prescribed 12 Days of Christmas.

5. Do you like egg nog? Extremely. Never, to my knowledge, tried the 'real' stuff, but I love the storebought with a dash of nutmeg.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was incredibly fond of both my first CD player and my cell phone. Though I really do believe in the "it's the thought that counts" sentiment (in most cases).

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we do have a creche, somewhere. We might even have two. If the stars align and hell freezes over, the two might have a complete one betwixt them.

8. Hardest person to buy for? This year S and the Flower's brother (also a friend, and also dating another friend)

9. Easiest person to buy for? Da, followed closely by Mum. I've probably seen 10 things since October and thought, "That would be the perfect present for him!" (I've actually had his gift since AWA in September.)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Definitely Mail. The only downsides I can think of are potentially illegible handwritting and postage, but I still feel it's worth it. I am making cards for my grand-people this year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Heck if I know. Even the ones I don't like can usually be dismantled into parts and reformed... Though the things of Hellspawnness have regifted/handmeup'ed some truely... interesting stuff)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas or It's A Wonderful Life (that last is mum's fault...I swear the woman can repeat the damned movie word for word)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? around Thanksgiving, but this year I completed most before...so happy.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mulled cider and gingerbread...but pretty much anything Mum makes :D )

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? A blend thereof.

17. Favorite Christmas song? "What Child Is This" at this moment, but it varies. I like the vast majority of the classic Christmas carols and hymns, and even a few of the modern ones, but the rest...*shudders*

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home unless we're visiting Mum's side of the family (more room, fewer old people)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, unfortunately

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Crocheted lacework angel if we can find it, bow if not (seriously, we have a crazy vertically challenged attic and about 20 boxes of christmas shit piled up there ...at least I think it's up there; I'm not sure all of it made it up at the end of last year, and if not heaven only knows where it is now. I miss our old attic)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I prefer to open them in the morning... people are nicer then ^___^

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Some annoyance stems from rude and/or pushy people, but my primary sources of pique are the untimely, cheesy proliferation of decorations (not. even. HALLOWEEN!) and the constant, unrepenting, aural assault that is bloody CHRISTMAS POP MUSIC!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Simple metallic baubles and balls... no neon-y-ness!!!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The oneyear we had goose...*sigh* That was the best stuff ever.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on our street. Screw peace on earth, I'm not ready to deal with it yet. But aside from that I want Le Batard to get better.
Materialistically, I want my personal library expanded.

(insert annoying prognostication on email responses)
__________________________________

I'm watching Tin Man on SciFi right now (should be reading up and taking notes on the life of Christine de Pizan, but that's what commercial breaks are for). It's really interesting, and I hope beyond all hope that I have enough time to watch the other installments...I believe there are 2 more.
~Brilliance and Light

No comments: