Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gads.

I so do not post often enough. I think about it. Seriously, I'll be walking to class or in lunch or in the shower or I'll just randomly hear something funny or interesting or something something-ish, and I'll think, "Hey, I should write about that in my blog!"...and then I never do. Grr.
Well, current/new things about me:
-January term class is in session, so I'm fitting 4 months of drawing into one month. This means my butt hurts. Not directly, but the benches in the classroom look like this:

l
l
l___________
l-------------------l
l...................l

WITH NO CURVE OR CUSHION!! (...and yes, that is drawn in l's & punctuation).
I go home next weekend. Hopefully, S can give my back muscles a massage. I hurt from scalp to sacroiliac.

-My laundry pile reached a new high (or low, in Monkey's opinion). I've been rather caught up in this fracking class, and hadn't yet unpacked my clothes from over break.... or done the rather massive amount of laundry that piled up as a result.
As of today, my laundry reached my boobs. I'm going down to the laundry facilities when I get off of here; it's sorted into piles on the floor, taunting me. Ideally, I'll do the impressive pile of dishes sitting on my counter when the laundry is in the machines. (I need to...I'm out of forks, most of my bowls, soup/cereal spoons...It's an early, long, labor-intensive class, and I'm an otherwise lazybum!)

-Monkey has discovered the investive potential of Roth IRAs. Or, rather, has recently further investigated them and brought them to my knowledge. Since my bank waives the fee associated therewith for checking account holders, I may set one up if I get a good enough job this summer.

-I am PASTY!!! Earlier today I was unable to determine if a dark area on my temple was a long smear of charcoal or veins under my skin. I think it's the later, though I'm still not certain.

-Oh, the first weekend (or any time, really) that the weather has finally been consistently precipitant... and our art class has to spray fixative on charcoal drawings before Monday, a strictly outdoor process.

-I saw this this morning:
http://www.comics.com/comics/chickweed/
It's the first comic in my lineup. Dr. Burber's comments just brightened my day, as usual.

I'm going to do laundry...and dishes...and then NOTHING PRODUCTIVE at least until Friday night!

2 comments:

Java said...

Yea, you should post more often. You should also do your laundry more often, but I'm not going to say that because then I'll sound like a nagging mother.
I'm really looking forward to you coming home next weekend. I'll call or email and we can work out details.
Manny is in the shop again. Da is unhappy about it. I miss Manny.

Brilliant or Something said...

Urg, I bet Manny is unhappy about it, too. You and the Monkey should form a *make silly person do her necessary dorm-hold chores* group...It would be entertaining. Oh, and I gave her your cold. She wasn't particularly thrilled.
I await your email with bated breath!