Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Return

School again, School again, coughety-cough....
Well, I am back in College Town, with a rather persistent head cold from Mum. This will be the 3rd semester in a row that I've been sick the first week of classes. Thankfully I still have some nasal spray from last semester.
Christmas, New Year's home-cooked (and me-cooked) food...one would think I'd gain weight while at home, but nooooo.....The odd and rather inexplicable trend towards weight loss continues. Thus far since the commencement of my freshman year I have lost approximately 20 lbs., 5 during the winter break. This is friggin' weird. I need to find a way to give the extra weight to Monkey; she constantly complains of being too light. The girl almost never tips the 100 mark, and you can't give blood unless you're at least 110 lbs. (We had a blood drive here near the beginning of school, and each class got points for however many mambers would participate....poor Monkey.)
Speaking of Monkey, she got 3 presents thusly themed for Christmas, and told me that her mother and I almost got her the same thing! She and I went food shopping last night after we got in, cleaned the room, and unpacked. I'm reducing my meal plan ASAP because quite frankly, my dears, the food here sucks. They can't even keep the milk properly cold all the time! I don't think that there is a single consistently good menu item...I'll have to ponder that. So we loaded up on microwavable frozen pasta dinner entres that I'd had while house-sitting for a former HS teacher...really rather good ones... and other shelf- or freezer-stable items. I have food. I am happy.
We both learned from a friend last night that day classes do not start today as we originally thought, but tomorrow; night classes start today (Thursday). My art class is only M-Th. I HAVE NO CLASS UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! It rather saddens me, though, that I didn't get to say goodbye to Mum & Da before I left.
Our room is now pretty and clean and SYMMETRICAL (enough)!
we moved the desks to in front of the big window, back to back, and turned our beds to create a small walkway between those two items of furniture. The dressers are both still in front of the closets, and I now have the fridge at the foot of my bed. (so on cold mornings I can just crawl to the foot of the bed under the covers and root around for food! Brilliant! :P)
OHOHOH!!!! I saw Le Batard! he is WALKING, He is HOME (as in his house, not our town), and apparently he's coming back to school for the Spring term! Full recovery is still projected at around a year, but he's made an astounding recovery thus far. I'm so thankful!
OK, going away. I need to go and see if the others for whom I've made biscotti packages are here, and officially tell the cafeteria that they suck....er, that I won't be eating there more than 12 times per week.
Au revoir!

~Brilliant (or something)

2 comments:

Java said...

I'm very sorry you didn't get to tell your Mum goodbye, too. If I'd known you didn't actually have class until Monday I'd have suggested you stay home until Sat. or Sun. I miss you already.
You are losing weight because you aren't eating enough at school, I think. Because the food is icky. But why you lost even more over Christmas is weird. Keep an eye on that, and if it continues please talk to a doctor. Your "freshman fifteen" is going the wrong way!!!

Brilliant or Something said...

Well, I forgot the scale, so I won't be able to tell if it continues to taper. I concur on the food, though. Oh, and to my dismay, classes started today....and I didn't know until tonight. (It was on the student website...gah, the conflicting info!) but since nobody had gotten her supply list, the teacher printed up lists, passed them out, and dismissed class by 11. Yay. Monkey said she'd take me to get supplies tomorrow after her class (which she also didn't know about).
Luvs, L