Monday, January 14, 2008

Somniloquence, or Monkey's Ticked Off At Me Again:

As I have frequently related here, I have a repeated issue with insomnia. As I have to get up at 7:30 every day during the week (at least this month), I'm medicated for it on those nights when I have to get up early. Lunesta is some good stuff, aside from the side effect of making everything I drink taste like crap.
However, that doesn't explain the annoyed-ness of the Monkey. Apparently Lunesta is better that I thought; it was strong enough to keep me sound asleep when, at about 2 this morning, I shouted, "I'm coming," and woke up my poor, long-suffering roommate. (and yes, I realize other interpretations of such a statement...I was very confused and startled when Monkey first told me). I've had a lot of dreams about home recently, so I guess I was answering an imagined summons.

Re: my posting habits...I really, really should stop posting in the early A.M. hours. Monkey (one of an estimated 2 readers) went back last night and read through a bunch of posts she'd missed... and caught a buttload of misspellings and other assorted typographical errors.
Brilliant. Really.

::*WARNING* Some movie SPOILERS for "Sweeney Todd" after this point::

Ooh!!! I got to see "Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street" on Friday! I did (most of) my laundry, and when the last came out, we went over to one of the local cinemas and wheeeeeeee, movie! I'd been looking forward to this movie for a number of reasons: Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, and all of the above SINGING.
"Sweeney Todd" is a slasher musical.

When we got back, after watching Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett slitting/stabbing throats and cooking people in pies respectively, the only comment Monkey and I had was that the blood was not exactly realistic (she said it was too watery or inconsistent, I said it was too bright, and held up my BBQ sauce as a closer example).

A random thought: TV is stupid. Especially the commercials. One that just let up went like this: "We couldn't say it on TV if it wasn't true! Eat all you want and still lose weight!" and on and on ad nauseum about some or the other die(t) product.
Honestly, my first thought in response to their first sentence was, "Um, it's election year, what about them apples?"

I found someone from whom I can get a much cheaper copy of a book for a major class next year, so off I go to do that and check what else I'm gonna need for the other 4 classes for which I do not yet have books.

A bientot. (and again, I wish I could get accent marks....*sigh*)
~Brill

1 comment:

Java said...

As the second of two readers, allow me to say ...
I'm coming! That's really funny.
Kinda want to see Sweeney Todd, but kinda sceered to, too, two.
Look forward to seeing you on Thursday. Email me