Friday, December 21, 2007

Regression

OK, maybe not regression, per se. However, Monkey and I did visit our old HS Wednesday. It was their last day of classes, and our official excuse (used to get past the flying protocol-Nazi monkeys in the front office) was that we came bearing Frankincense, Myrrh, and color-annotated, time-analyzed maps of our county for our old Psych teacher. OK, maybe not the first two, but the last one we did have, courtesy of Monkey's Dad. They looked really cool.... Anyway, we had a note from said Psych teacher, and after I handed over my keys, they gave us passes and allowed us to proceed. Seriously, I can understand wanting to enforce stricter regulations, but some of the stuff they've started doing is just a bit oddball, IMHO.
We went up to see Psych teacher, then made the rounds and dropped off presents (biscotti for all from me, one specific thing to our old AP English teacher from Monkey).
It became a tradition of sorts in my freshman year to give each of my teachers a bag of biscotti, homemade, at the end of each semester. The first year Mum made it, but every year after I did. This came in handy (I suppose) last year when Monkey's and my Journalism class had a bake sale solely aimed at the teachers. We provided a menu of baked good available for order, then they ordered. Fairly straightforward. Except for the part where I got about a hundred pieces of biscotti worth of orders. Our illustrious teacher had shared his with two colleagues, and one afternoon we had entered the class to find the following written on the board:
"Can you freeze biscotti?"
I did not recognize this question for the imminent doom it represented. Having just thought of a perfect (for me) response, I walked to the board and wrote, "No, you have to boil it." When the teacher entered the room I replied that yes, like any other baked good it was perfectly freezable.
Doom.
When he handed out the baking orders (this was a self-funded club, hence the necessity of the beake sale), I got 2 orders for Devils Food cakes (Monkey, in her eternal wonderfulness, took one of those. I love her), somewhere between 21 and 32 orders of biscotti (of two DIFFERENT kinds, 3 pieces per order), and I also had to make PB cookies.
That's what I get for spreading around food for 4 years and signing up to make so much stuff(see 4th label).

Today, The Flower and I went over to the local rehabilitation center and saw Le Batard. He is WALKING! I had talked to him on the phone and he'd tod me this, so I knew it intellectually, but to see him walking, and (aside from being a bit more irritable and having braces on his neck and torso) back to himself is a whole different thing!
That, and he is still able to tickle attack me and make sexual jokes about everyone around him. He is definitely back to normal.

The Flower and I are going with her BF & friend to see I Am Legend now...Da saw it & I wanna...and I got the savings bond I was waiting on, so I have the money :D.

Au Revoir!
~Brilliance and Light!!!!

2 comments:

Java said...

You don't post often, do you?

Brilliant or Something said...

More often than S, but usually when I remember. I should use more of this insomnia time to do that...Sedentary-ness usually makes me sleepier anyway...*plots nocturnally*