Friday, December 28, 2007

Insomnia Strikes Again, or I Can't Remember Jack

My newest fashion accessory: the bags under my eyes. Insomnia (or internal clock set 4 hours west) and hair-trigger wakefulness (my squeaky bed wakes me up)= No restful sleep. It's 1:25 A.M. eastern now, and everything south of my head is very awake. I am exhausted, but due to my wonderful med separation system at college, my insomnia meds (not a nightly requirement) were not with the others when meds went into the suitcase. And Tylenol PM does squat for me. Soooo...Hi. These last 2 nights I devoted to the perusal of The Devil's Panties web comic (I'd been thru most of the fanfics I had been trawling...twice. I need new sites). It's one I've been meaning to get to, but haven't had the time. Whee, time.
Currently I'm sleeping (or, heavily and intermittently dosing) from between 2-3 A.M. and 10 A.M. to 12 P.M. (If I'm lucky). But as is usual, the time is full of some VERY vivid dreams (what Technicolor's role model wants to be when it grows up) with the most outrageous and sometimes disturbed plot lines. Sleep deprivation does very weird things to me, but chief among them is that it obliterates the last vestiges of the filter between my brain and my mouth, and pushes up some utterly oddball stuff from said brain. Things like "5-year-old found in grain of sand."
All of my dreams last night had the newest song from Nickelback, "Into the Night," as a background track. The last dream the day before before Mum's pounding got through the earplugs was Carolina Beach music my brain supplied (I loathe, abhor, disdain, and utterly despise Carolina Beach music) along with....graphics. Have you ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Imagine the cars, buildings, etc. in Toon Town the first time the detective goes in, when they're all singing and dancing back and forth. Now translate that to real life. I was rather glad to be awakened.

I WANT MY DELTA SLEEP!!!!
I'm going to listen to the Nickelback song in its entirety to see if that will get it to go away.

Ooh, now I have "An Englishman in New York" rattling around....

~I'm a BRILLIANT!
("A brilliant what?")

2 comments:

Java said...

Oh dear. I'm sorry you can't sleep. Strange, as I sleep so very well most of the time. I hope you get some good sleep very soon.

Brilliant or Something said...

I think you forgot to give me my ability to sleep, so you have about 2x as much sleep capacity. At least that's my working theory :)