Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stuff

Gads, I don't post frequently. I would blame it on no time, as has been the reason most days, but as I spent ALL of yesterday (daytime) reading HP fanfics...that excuse goes out the window. Me being a lazybum again!
I have pretty words. I love large, abnormal, and abstract words. One of my goals is to have at least 2 bookshelves full of books by the end of my college career, though I don't know if that includes grad school or not. I am in a BA Studio Art program now, and after I graduate I intend to enroll in an MAT (or MTA...it's one of the two) program. From the description my advisor gave me, it's a teacher Masters program for those who don't get a BA in Education. The ideal career in which I visualize myself would be as a professional artist, but since I also like to eat, I'm going into teaching (it's either that or get a Sugar Daddy...:P).
I only desire to teach High School level; I despise, loathe, disdain, and abhor Middle School spawn, especially those of the female persuasion. They are vicious, conniving little things, and I think they should all be locked up at the age of 11 and released 3-4 years later...after much 're-education.' Nor do I have the desire to attempt to teach those spawn, commonly referred to as 'Elementary-age' which have not yet completely mastered the concepts of bladder control, peristalsis, or keeping their smaller appendages out of various and sundry orifices.
Opinions? Me? How dare you accuse me of such things?

On a slightly lighter note, I got my grades these past few days from my first semester as a College Student! They go as follows:
Art History: A
Yoga (history, concepts, principles, and practice): A-
2-D Design: B+
Precal: A-
Western & Eastern Civ: B
The most shocking of these (closely followed by Yoga) is my Precal. I seriously anticipated a B- or C+ in that class. Math is SO NOT my forte, and most of my quiz grades from the class looked like "2/12," "3/7," et cetera. I also didn't study for the final. At all. You can imagine my shock. Of the 3 test beforehand, all were high B's, but still....
As for Yoga, the only other solid grade I had in the class -as in on paper- was a C, and that was the midterm. Meh, I guess she liked my book review!
Both the W/E Civ and the Art History are the first half of 2-semester courses. Whee.
OK, I'll stop rambling about school...I am free of their clutches until early January.

Our Christmas tree went up last night, 8 days before Christmas. Two days before, I "minionized" (commandeered) Buster (aka Twitch) and we cleaned that blasted excuse for a living room. You can actually see FLOOR now! (Granted, it is hideous, mottled, dog-and-small-annoying-child-ruined carpet, but damnit, it is CLEAN dog-and-small-annoying-child-ruined carpet!)
Da said that he'd cut the carpet out after the tree comes down. I hope so, though I relish not the thought of what the flooring under the carpet looks like.

Hanging the ornaments last night I stumbled across a bell-shaped one with the quote, "Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings." I showed it to Mum, and .... Have you ever read the children's book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? Well, if you give the Mum an It's A Wonderful Life allusion anywhere near the vicinity of Christmas, you need the movie to play for her. I swear, the woman can quote the bloody thing front and back. Not that I criticize the movie; it is a wonderful piece of cinematic art and one of the few B&W movies that I truly adore (and one that I simply MUST get the Monkey and the Flower to watch, the poor deprived souls). Her devotion thereunto rivals mine to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, quote-wise.

OK, I shall now return to my lazybumness. The Kleptomaniac Demonspawn, aka Diva, is home from School today because she fell hard on her ribs at a party down the street last night and isn't feeling well. As it is doubtful that the boys will emerge from their room until I attempt to sleep (as they did last night), I am quasi-in charge.

A bientot, mes amis. (damn, I wish I could do accents on here!)
~I am Brilliant...or Something

2 comments:

Java said...

Hey, I resemble that remark!
-Mum

Brilliant or Something said...

Vividly, my dear.
(Luuuuuv yoooo!)